A selection of our publications from 2018:
- Bridgeman, S. C., G. C. Ellison, P. E. Melton, P. Newsholme and C. D. S. Mamotte (2018). “Epigenetic effects of metformin: From molecular mechanisms to clinical implications.” Diabetes Obes Metab: in press.
- Cadby, G., P. E. Melton, N. S. McCarthy, M. Almeida, S. Williams-Blangero, J. E. Curran, J. L. VandeBerg, J. Hui, J. Beilby, A. W. Musk, A. L. James, J. Hung, J. Blangero and E. K. Moses (2018). “Pleiotropy of cardiometabolic syndrome with obesity-related anthropometric traits determined using empirically derived kinships from the Busselton Health Study.” Human Genetics 137(1): 45-53. [pubmed]
- Chambers, N. A., A. Ramgolam, D. Sommerfield, G. Zhang, T. Ledowski, M. Thurm, M. Lethbridge, M. Hegarty and B. S. von Ungern-Sternberg (2018). “Cuffed vs. uncuffed tracheal tubes in children: a randomised controlled trial comparing leak, tidal volume and complications.” Anaesthesia 73(2): 160-168. [pubmed]
- Chiha, W., C. J. LeVaillant, C. A. Bartlett, A. W. Hewitt, P. E. Melton, M. Fitzgerald and A. R. Harvey (2018). “Retinal genes are differentially expressed in areas of primary versus secondary degeneration following partial optic nerve injury.” PLOS ONE 13(2): e0192348. [pubmed]
- Clifford, H. D., C. M. Hayden, S. K. Khoo, D. Naniche, I. M. Mandomando, G. Zhang, P. Richmond and P. N. Le Souef (2017). “Genetic Variants in the IL-4/IL-13 Pathway Influence Measles Vaccine Responses and Vaccine Failure in Children from Mozambique.” Viral Immunol 30(7): 472-478. [pubmed]
- Felix, J. F., B. R. Joubert, A. A. Baccarelli, G. C. Sharp, C. Almqvist, I. Annesi-Maesano, H. Arshad, N. Baiz, M. J. Bakermans-Kranenburg, K. M. Bakulski, E. B. Binder, L. Bouchard, C. V. Breton, B. Brunekreef, K. J. Brunst, E. G. Burchard, M. Bustamante, L. Chatzi, M. Cheng Munthe-Kaas, E. Corpeleijn, D. Czamara, D. Dabelea, G. Davey Smith, P. De Boever, L. Duijts, T. Dwyer, C. Eng, B. Eskenazi, T. M. Everson, F. Falahi, M. D. Fallin, S. Farchi, M. F. Fernandez, L. Gao, T. R. Gaunt, A. Ghantous, M. W. Gillman, S. Gonseth, V. Grote, O. Gruzieva, S. E. Haberg, Z. Herceg, M. F. Hivert, N. Holland, J. W. Holloway, C. Hoyo, D. Hu, R. C. Huang, K. Huen, M. R. Jarvelin, D. D. Jima, A. C. Just, M. R. Karagas, R. Karlsson, W. Karmaus, K. J. Kechris, J. Kere, M. Kogevinas, B. Koletzko, G. H. Koppelman, L. K. Kupers, C. Ladd-Acosta, J. Lahti, N. Lambrechts, S. A. S. Langie, R. T. Lie, A. H. Liu, M. C. Magnus, P. Magnus, R. L. Maguire, C. J. Marsit, W. McArdle, E. Melen, P. Melton, S. K. Murphy, T. S. Nawrot, L. Nistico, E. A. Nohr, B. Nordlund, W. Nystad, S. S. Oh, E. Oken, C. M. Page, P. Perron, G. Pershagen, C. Pizzi, M. Plusquin, K. Raikkonen, S. E. Reese, E. Reischl, L. Richiardi, S. Ring, R. P. Roy, P. Rzehak, G. Schoeters, D. A. Schwartz, S. Sebert, H. Snieder, T. I. A. Sorensen, A. P. Starling, J. Sunyer, J. A. Taylor, H. Tiemeier, V. Ullemar, M. Vafeiadi, M. H. Van Ijzendoorn, J. M. Vonk, A. Vriens, M. Vrijheid, P. Wang, J. L. Wiemels, A. J. Wilcox, R. J. Wright, C. J. Xu, Z. Xu, I. V. Yang, P. Yousefi, H. Zhang, W. Zhang, S. Zhao, G. Agha, C. L. Relton, V. W. V. Jaddoe and S. J. London (2018). “Cohort Profile: Pregnancy And Childhood Epigenetics (PACE) Consortium.” Int J Epidemiol 47(1): 22-23u. [pubmed]
- Glahn, D., V. Nimgaonkar, H. Raventós, J. Contreras, A. McIntosh, A. Jablensky, N. McCarthy, N. Blackburn, J. Peralta, S. Ament, F. McMahon, M. Bucan, J. Curran, L. Almasy, R. Gur and J. Blangero (2018). “Rediscovering the Value of Families for Psychiatric Genetics Research.” Mol Psychiatry: in press.
- Hugo, H. J., A. Zysk, P. Dasari, K. Britt, J. L. Hopper, J. Stone, E. W. Thompson and W. V. Ingman (2018). “InforMD: a new initiative to raise public awareness about breast density.” ecancermedicalscience 12: 807. [pubmed]
- Jacobs, M., G. Zhang, S. Chen, B. Mullins, M. Bell, L. Jin, Y. Guo, R. Huxley and G. Pereira (2017). “The association between ambient air pollution and selected adverse pregnancy outcomes in China: A systematic review.” Sci Total Environ 579: 1179-1192. [pubmed]
- Khan, F. F., P. E. Melton, N. S. McCarthy, B. Morar, J. Blangero, E. K. Moses and A. Jablensky (2018). “Whole Genome Sequencing of 91 Multiplex Schizophrenia Families Reveals Increased Burden of Rare, Exonic Copy Number Variation in Schizophrenia Probands and Genetic Heterogeneity.” Schizophrenia Research: in press. [publink]
- Laurence, C., L. van der Merwe, G. Zhang, P. Le Souef and M. Levin (2018). “Association between pro-inflammatory alleles and allergic phenotypes in Xhosa adolescents.” Pediatr Allergy Immunol: in press.
- Li, S., E. Wong, M. Bui, T. Nguyen, J. Joo, J. Stone, G. Dite, G. Giles, R. Saffery, M. Southey and J. Hopper (2018). “Causal effect of smoking on DNA methylation in peripheral blood: a twin and family study.” Clinical Epigenetics: in press.
- Li, S., E. Wong, M. Bui, T. Nguyen, J. Joo, J. Stone, G. Dite, P.-A. Dugue, R. Milne, G. Giles, R. Saffery, M. Southey and J. Hopper (2018). “Inference about causation between body mass index and DNA methylation in blood from a twin family study.” International Journal of Obesity: in press.
- Li, S., E. M. Wong, P.-A. Dugué, A. F. McRae, E. Kim, J.-H. E. Joo, T. L. Nguyen, J. Stone, G. S. Dite, N. J. Armstrong, K. A. Mather, A. Thalamuthu, M. J. Wright, D. Ames, R. L. Milne, J. M. Craig, R. Saffery, G. W. Montgomery, Y.-M. Song, J. Sung, T. D. Spector, P. S. Sachdev, G. G. Giles, M. C. Southey and J. L. Hopper (2018). “Genome-wide average DNA methylation is determined in utero.” International Journal of Epidemiology: dyy028-dyy028. [pubmed]
- Liyanage, U. E., M. H. Law, J. S. Ong, A. E. Cust, G. J. Mann, S. V. Ward, Melanoma Meta-Analysis Consortium, P. Gharahkhani, M. M. Iles and S. MacGregor (2018). “Polyunsaturated fatty acids and risk of melanoma: A Mendelian randomisation analysis.” International Journal of Cancer: in press.
- McCarthy, N. S., C. Vangjeli, P. Surendran, A. Treumann, C. Rooney, E. Ho, P. Sever, S. Thom, A. D. Hughes, P. B. Munroe, P. Howard, T. Johnson, M. Caulfield, D. C. Shields, E. O’Brien, D. J. Fitzgerald and A. V. Stanton (2018). “Genetic variants in PPARGC1B and CNTN4 are associated with thromboxane A2 formation and with cardiovascular event free survival in the Anglo-Scandinavian Cardiac Outcomes Trial (ASCOT).” Atherosclerosis 269: 42-49. [pubmed]
- McLean, K. E. and J. Stone (2018). “Role of breast density measurement in screening for breast cancer.” Climacteric: 1-7. [pubmed]
- Meldrum, S. J., Y. Li, G. Zhang, A. E. M. Heaton, N. D’Vaz, J. Manz, E. Reischl, B. V. Koletzko, S. L. Prescott and K. Simmer (2017). “Can polymorphisms in the fatty acid desaturase (FADS) gene cluster alter the effects of fish oil supplementation on plasma and erythrocyte fatty acid profiles? An exploratory study.” Eur J Nutr: in press.
- Nustad, H., M. Almeida, A. Canty, M. LeBlanc, C. Page and P. Melton (2018). “Epigenetics, heritability and longitudinal analysis.” BMC Genetics: in press.
- Poole, A., Y. Song, H. Brown, P. H. Hart and G. B. Zhang (2018). “Cellular and molecular mechanisms of vitamin D in food allergy.” Journal of Cellular and Molecular Medicine: in press.
- Ramgolam, A., G. L. Hall, G. Zhang, M. Hegarty and B. S. von Ungern-Sternberg (2018). “Inhalational versus IV Induction of Anesthesia in Children with a High Risk of Perioperative Respiratory Adverse Events: A Randomized Controlled Trial.” Anesthesiology: in press.
- Song, Y., H. Higgins, J. Guo, K. Harrison, E. N. Schultz, B. Hales, E. Moses, J. Goldblatt, N. Pachter and G. Zhang (2018). “Clinical significance of circulating microRNAs as markers in detecting and predicting congenital heart defects in children.” Journal of Translational Medicine 16(42): in press. [publink]
- Stone, J. (2018). “Should breast cancer screening programs routinely measure mammographic density?” Journal of Medical Imaging and Radiation Oncology 62(2): 151-158. [publink]
- Tintle, N., D. Fardo, M. de Andrade, S. Aslibekyan, J. Bailey, J. Lorenzo-Bermejo, R. Cantor, S. Ghosh, P. Melton, X. Wang, J. MacCluer and L. Almasy (2018). “Genetic Analysis Workshop 20: methods and strategies for the new frontiers of epigenetics and pharmacogenomics.” BMC Proceedings: in press.
- Wu, L., W. Shi,, J. Long, … J. Stone, … , G. Chenevix-Trench, W. Zheng (2018). “Identification of novel susceptibility loci and genes for breast cancer risk: A transcriptome-wide association study of 229,000 women of European descent.” Nature Genetics: in press.
- Yong, H. E. J., P. Murthi, S. P. Brennecke and E. K. Moses (2018). “Genetic Approaches in Preeclampsia.” Methods Mol Biol 1710: 53-72. [pubmed]